Thursday, June 4, 2009

UPDATE

So....we are just over a week away from SURGERY......YIKES! I'm totally nervous so thanks to those of you have been a huge support for me! We met with the "Make a Wish" foundation this afternoon and Brynnah was approved for a trip....so we applied for SanDiego zoo/Seaworld. It will be happening in October of this year! We are sooooo excited! They pay for EVERYTHING....flieght, hotel, food, spending money the whole bit...what a great foundation right??? It will really give me something to look forward to! They are also sponsoring a walk for Brynnah in Pocatello the day after surgery...the 13th which is a Saturday. It's at the old town pavilion (where they usually have the farmer's market) it's $15 per person and you get a t-shirt, bread and milk will be provided. It's a 3 mile walk through historic down town area. It will be at 9:30 am (the walk will officially start at 10 am for those who have already pre-registered)for pre-registration or you can register online at idahowish.org and click on walk for wishes. The proceeds are going for Brynnah's trip. It's a really cool thing and those who can participate please do it would be a great help! Thanks again to those of you who are thinking of us, praying for us and putting our family's name in numerous temples! You all are wonderful and we are so blessed to have such fabulous friends, and family! We love you

5 comments:

Shae said...

Wow! You have so much going on right now! We will keep you in our prayers. How exciting that you got approved for your Make a Wish trip, and that there will be a walk for her! Good luck with everything. Brynna is such a sweet little girl!

Aleisha said...

THAT IS AWESOME! You will all need a break by then. Maybe we could save some $$ and meet you there so we could take turns going on rides and stuff. :) You are in my prayers!

Stringham Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys! If there is anything you need this week let me know. Call me any time day or night! 233-1102. I would love to help! I'm so excited about the walk, I will post about it on my blog in hopes of getting some more support. Leah and I will be there! I can't see anything that would prevent us. Good Luck! You are in our prayers!

Kami said...

Good luck! We'll be praying for you.

Jodie Kruid said...

Jackie and Ryan, we are praying so hard for you!!! I work with Pat, you might remember me, Jodie Kruid. I can honestly say I've been thru this before, my mom had a kidney transplant as well. She had battled over 11 years with kidney failer. (yes, my nerves are completly shot, ask pat) The first 24 hours are the most critical and the first year will be the hardest but please keep your chin up and keep living for the best!! We will keep praying for all of you right now and for some time. It does get better, but you will have those little roller coaster rides so hang on and be well!! See ya.....Jodie Kruid