Wednesday, June 24, 2009

update

Sorry it has taken me soooo incredibly long to finally get you all updated! life has been just a little more than crazy right now! As you probably all know Brynnah did have her transplant on Wednesday the 17th. Ryan did incredibly well. He was up and walking in no time! he really is "SUPERMAN" (I brought him a card and a balloon with superman on it) I'm so proud of you babe!!! He had a hard time getting out of recovery. He was on a ventilator for about 4 hrs. He was also on O2 for a couple of nights...but his O2 is great now and he's doing pretty well. He got released on Sunday, but had a really tough day! He was really sick to his stomach from the pain meds. His incision site got infected a little bit the other day. We took him to go get it looked at and they re-opened the incision and dry-packed it. He sent me a picture today and it looks a ton better than it did. He went home with his parents yesterday and is hopefully resting and taking it easy. Now.......the baby's update. She is having a really hard time with her breathing. She came out of surgery really well but was still on the ventillator. She developed viral pnemonia, which really can't be treated...she also had minor infection where her breathing tube is but they put her on antibiotics and everything looks better. They are trying to figure out what to do with her. The kidney docs want her to have a lot of fluid so the kidney doesn't go into shock. The regular docs want to "starve" her so that the lung infection can get better....one way or the other they have to do a sacrifice. The docs put her on a new ventillator that does all the breathing for her which is a bummer because they also have to keep her completely sedated. All of her labs have been really wierd and kidney function is going down. They have her on insulin because her blood sugars are really high. They gave her blood yesterday and she of course has tubes EVERYWHERE! They are also worried about her heart...the problem that they fixed when she was born looks like it's acting up so they are doing a lot of chest x-rays. The cardiology docs said they are fairly certain it's because of everything else that's going on right now...all the problems she's having is causing the heart stress and making it work harder. I talked to the doc not long ago and said ultimately if they have to choose they would rather see her on dialysis than have her gone....I think that's the best thing i've heard in a while. We had a really scarry episode on sunday...she decided she didn't want to breathe and her O2 and heart rate plummeted....they almost had to do chest compressions. Isn't it AMAZING all the technology they have now! I keep her very fashionable her nails are painted hot pink with sparkles and she has "hello kitty" ribbons in her hair. I'm so greatful for every moment i have with my sweet girl! I'm so thankful that she's stable now and everything is ok for now. I will keep you posted if anything else comes up. I'll try to post some pictures soon! Thank you so much for all your love, support and prayers. I know that Heavenly Father is answering those prayers and loves our family. thank you , we love you!

11 comments:

Janelle said...

Hey I am glad that everything is going a little better now! If you need anything at all let me know. Even if you just need to call and vent! Love you and you all are in our prayers!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you texted out your blog address. I've been wondering how everything was going and we keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers. I'm assuming (maybe not correctly?) that Brynnah's at Primary's, and if that's the case, PLEASE give me a call and let me save you from the cafeteria food! When you get a minute, send me your email address at smithfam77@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite to our blog. Hope all's well!
Emily

Ryan and Leah said...

I hope that everything continues to progress. You are all in our prayers! Hang in there!

Kari said...

I keep thinking of you and I know that Heavenly Father will bless you. We will be coming your direction on Saturday so if you need ANYTHING let me know and I can grab it. You are the strongest, loving, kindess woman I know. You are so wonderful hang in there and i hope things continue to improve. PS that incision pic of Ryan's is awful!! I'm sure he knows it was worth it :). Love you and the family.

Stringham Family said...

Jaqcui-I'm so sorry that you have been struggling so much! If there is anything at all that I can do, please let me know. We will keep her and you and Ryan all in our prayers! I hope that both of them recover quickly and that you can handle the struggles of it all from your stand point. Hang in there and please call if you need anything!

Unknown said...

Its good to get an update... That is so scary! Your family will be in our prayers as well! Hugs to you and your family! I love that you are keeping her in "fashion" with HOT PINK fingernail polish! You are such a good Mommy...

Michelle said...

I am in awe of you and this story, I can't imagine the difficulty that you are going through, watching two loved ones go in for serious surgery. You have inspired me to be more faithful, strong and grateful for what I have. You and your family will be in my prayers. You are such a great mommy and wife, and one of the strongest people I know.

Rachel said...

Your whole family is in our prayers. Hang in there.
Rachel & Scott W.

Kaiann said...

I'm praying for you guys! I hope things will start going more smoothly for little Brynnah. What a trooper! Hang in there and remember I am thinking of you.

Erin said...

We love love love you guys!

Ashley Reno said...

We will keep you in our prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything to help.