Friday, September 26, 2008

My Piano

Most of you already know that I have this, but for those of you who don't ....I've wanted a piano for years(even though I don't play)and have been pricing used ones for the past couple years. I found this one at a yard sale and payed only $100.00 for it!! I asked some guys from our old ward to help me move it since Ryan was working....I don't think they'll ever help me move anything again! It was HORRID! The lady had this piano down stairs in her basement with two 90 degree stairways....it took the guys like 2 hours to get it out of the house....totally ruining this lady's house in the process!! Anyhow, I'm sooooo excited to start playing. I'm going to get lessons from a friend in our new ward! I know it's ugly right now but.....hopefully in the near future you won't even recognize this piano we're going to sand the whole thing down to the original wood! It's beautiful underneath the hideous paint....I don't know why people paint over beautiful pieces like that....but it will hopefully look beautiful once again....I'll post new pics when we get it done! Oh, I forgot to tell everyone the best part of the story....the piano won't even fit in our apartment .....so we have to keep it out in the garage until we get a house!

4 comments:

Kaiann said...

How exciting! I want a piano so bad. I used to be able to play a little, but it has been so long I don't know if I can play anything anymore. I also want to start Alexis on lessons.

Camille said...

I can't wait to see how it turns out. I envy you creative people! =)

Jayson & Carrie said...

Soooo Fun!!! That will be so great to see how it comes out underneath all the paint. One day I'll get a piano....then I won't have to go somewhere else to play! lol Good job on the great find!

Murdoch Clan said...

Love the piano! That's crazy, just last year I was given a piano for my birthday because my In laws, inherited 2 pianos and of course no one needs 2 pianos right? So I absolutely LOVE my piano, and I'm so glad that you have one as well. It brings such an amazing spirit into my home, and my girls and I sing often (even Patrick and I believe it or not!) have been practicing Hey there Delilah from Plain white tees. Way cool! Can't wait to see the finished product! Laura