Thursday, October 30, 2008

update

I know I know...there are a ton of posts I'm doing today...bare with me. On our trip to Salt Lake our primary reason for going was to go to a Pre-Transplant Clinic for Brynnah. It's the last thing you officially have to do to be placed on the Kidney Transplant Donor List. We definately got an information overload! We first met with the Nephrologist over the Kidney Transplant services and he talked about recieving a kidney and the process to get there. The surgery itself and the meds, and complications associated with getting a new kidney. Then we met with the nutritionist on the team and talked about what will happen between meds, actually having an appetite and what it will be like after transplantation. That in itself was a lot of info. Then we got a break for an hour and then proceeded to meet.....EVERYONE else on the Transplant team: Nutritionist, Doctors, Surgeons, Financial and Social Services, Service Coordinators and I'm sure I forgot someone in there. We spent like 5 hrs meeting and talking about concerns with everyone. Wow...we have a lot on our plate right now...I didn't realize how overwhelming it could be. This is what we've been looking forward to since Brynnah's birth...but now that we're here it's really scarry! On a good note and least we got it done with and we know all of you are thinking of us. Thank you so much to those of you who have been praying for us it definately is a huge blessing to have so much support from you all. We love you!

2 comments:

GRAYSON'S said...

Hey there....you guys are awesome. I can't imagine the stress all of that is...CRAZY! Are you guys at Primary's? My dad's baby will hopefully be released tomorrow...we'll see.
WAY cute pictures though!!!

Stringham Family said...

That is wonderful that you are almost there. Scary, but wonderful. Hopefully it wont take long now! We will keep praying. If you ever need anything call me!